The DeltaV control network is a standard Ethernet network (redundant) dedicated to the DeltaV system. You connect the DeltaV Workstations, DeltaV Controllers, CHARM I/O Cards, DeltaV Remote I/O, and Smart Wireless Gateways on the DeltaV control network.
DeltaV System Architecture
The DeltaV controller accesses DeltaV I/O via I/O interface cards installed on an I/O backplane with the DeltaV controller, via CHARM I/O Cards, via DeltaV Remote I/O or Smart Wireless Gateways.
There are licenses available for several types of DeltaV workstations, as shown below. The central database resides on an engineering workstation designated the “Professional Plus.” While control can be run in a workstation, both continuous control and sequential control are typically downloaded to a DeltaV controller so that control is not interrupted if there is a temporary loss of one of the workstations.
The DeltaV Architecture Provides Reliability Through Redundancy:
- Ethernet Network Connections
- Controller and Field Interface Power Supplies
- Digital HART I/O and Cassic (AI, AO, DI, DO) Field Interface Cards
- H1 FOUNDATION fieldbus with Integrated Power and Diagnostics
- Profibus DP Master Interface
- Modbus RTU/ASCII Interface
- SIS Logic Solvers
- SISNet Communications
- Batch Executive
- Zone Servers
- OPC Servers
Digital Communications Support Includes:
- FOUNDATION fieldbus
- Profibus DP
- AS-i bus
- Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP
- OPC Express Interface (Xi)